Week 2 - 3 Recap

{ Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2008 by Draft Geek }
I know, I know.... it has been a while since my last post. Guess I'm not so great at this whole blogging thing.

Well when I last posted it was just after week 1. I had lost Tom Brady and Nate Burleson for the season and I had a 1-2 overall record for my leagues. Since then my fortunes have turned.

I've been very active on the waiver wire and free agent pickups. I also took advantage of some really horrible decisions in my work league. (someone dropped Steve Smith immediately after the draft!!! ... and someone else dropped Ryan Grant). With no waiver wire in this league it is first come first serve.... That, of course, worked out great for me (although I do feel waiver wire is the more fair approach).

I've been implementing a new strategy this season for choosing the players to start or bench. I have a couple of different sources that provide me with weekly projections for the players. I have an excel spreadsheet that takes those projections and uses my leagues scoring to calculate the projected points for the week. Now because the projections are shaky at best on a week by week basis, I certainly do not use this as gospel. That being said I believe it does provide some good insight about which players may benefit by their weekly matchup. Basically my strategy is to start my studs... always... no matter who they are playing. Then use a combination of research and your gut for the rest. The excel spreadsheet is handy when I am really torn between two players. So far this has worked out fairly well for me.

That's all for now... here are my results for week 2 and 3

Week 2 Results:
League 1: 1-1 (L)
League 2: 1-1 (W)
League 3: 1-1 (W)

Previous Week Combined Record: 1-2
Current Combined Record: 3-3 (Gaining ground!)


Week 3 Results:
League 1: 2-1 (W)
League 2: 2-1 (W)
League 3: 2-1 (W)

Previous Week Combined Record: 3-3
Current Combined Record: 6-3 (Awesome week... can't do any better!)

No Response to "Week 2 - 3 Recap"